Call for Papers
- To provide the first refereed, academic journal written in English that is devoted to the study of Spanish-speaking cinemas around the world
- To provide the reader with the highest quality of scholarly research across a broad range of Spanish-speaking cinemas
- To create an inter-disciplinary, inter-cultural and inter-media focus
- To publish work from younger scholars and in less-developed areas of study
- Film as text (as aesthetic/artistic artefact, social phenomenon, as exemplar of technical & stylistic conventions/ resources etc)
- Film as representation (gender, race, ethnic, social, sexual, regional & national identities)
- Film and history (as modes of representation of the past and as institution with its own history)
- Film and film theory (including notions of postmodernism, postcolonialism, intertextuality etc.)
- Film and Modes of Production: National, transnational, global.
- Film and redefinitions of Alternative, Third, Independent, Avant-garde cinemas and cinema practices.
SHC would also encourage work in less well-researched areas, such as aspects of national film histories and regional/local film practices.
All articles submitted should be original work and must not be under consideration by other publications.