Call for papers
Call for Book Reviews
Film Matters is seeking current undergraduate students to review some recent academic titles for us. The available books are listed below:
- 3D Cinema and Beyond edited by Dan Adler et al. (Intellect)
- The Cinema of Alexander Sokurov: Figures of Paradox by Jeremi Szaniawski (Wallflower P)
- The Cinema of Michael Winterbottom: Borders, Intimacy, Terror by Bruce Bennett (Wallflower P)
- Two Bicycles: The Work of Jean-Luc Godard and Anne-Marie Miéville by Jerry White
(Wilfrid Laurier P)
- World Film Locations: Hong Kong edited by Linda Chiu-han Lai et al. (Intellect)
Students interested in this opportunity should send a writing sample and statement of interest (taking care to indicate any relevant qualifications for reviewing a specific title, like past course work, etc.) to: futurefilmscholars AT gmail.com
Emails should be received by 1st March 2014.
Students who are selected for this opportunity will receive a review copy of the book, which they can keep with our (and the publisher’s) compliments in exchange for the written review. This is an excellent way to build experience and CVs!
Announcing Open Call for Papers 6.1
Film Matters is officially announcing our open call for papers for consideration in issue 6.1 (2015) — the deadline is 1st September 2014. So please submit your film-related research papers today!
For more information, please download the official document:
Submissions and questions should be directed to:
futurefilmscholars AT gmail.com
We look forward to receiving your papers!
Please click here to view the full Film Matters style guide