Download the General Call For Papers
Download the JSCA Notes for Contributors
Call for Papers: Sexuality and Scandinavian Cinema
Download the Call for Papers
- Analyses focusing on developments in Scandinavian cinema before, during, and after the ‘sexual revolution’
- Comparisons between or among the various Scandinavian cinemas, as well as between or among Scandinavian and other film cultures
- Explorations of the reception given sexually explicit Scandinavian films abroad and at home
- Discussions of genres and modes, e.g., the relationships or value hierarchies between or among art films, exploitation films, educational films, popular genre films, documentary, pornography, experimental films, and animation
- Feminist and queer appraisals of makers, texts, audiences, and exhibition venues
- Studies of actors, directors, producers, designers, editors, and stars
- Inquiries into censorship and legislation, as well as studies of informal norms governing sexual representation
- Considerations of production, distribution, and exhibition models, including co-productions, international markets, specialized festivals, and so on
Please submit an abstract of 250-300 words for Short Subjects (2000 words) or Feature Articles (6000 words) before 15 September 2014 to the Special Issue editors, Elisabet Björklund (Elisabet.Bjorklund@litt.lu.se) and Chris Holmlund (email@example.com). Final submissions are due on 1 February 2015. Only submissions that follow Journal of Scandinavian Cinema’s Notes for Contributors will be accepted.
For general information or questions regarding Journal of Scandinavian Cinema, please contact primary editor Anders Marklund (firstname.lastname@example.org), editors Andrew Nestingen, Gunnar Iversen and Casper Tybjerg, or managing editor Rochelle Wright.
Scandinavian Film Comedy
Download the previous special issue Call for Papers