Download the General Call For Papers
Download the JSCA Notes for Contributors
Call for Papers: Contemporary Scandinavian Documentary Cinema
Download the Call for Papers
This special issue of Journal of Scandinavian Cinema brings together – for the first time – scholarship on the institutional frameworks, political struggles and artistic practices of Scandinavian documentary cinema. Although our main focus is on developments and trends that have taken place since the 1990s, we warmly welcome contributions that reflect on the historical background of contemporary conditions. The overall aim is to illuminate the specificities of Scandinavian documentary cultures with an emphasis on their entanglement with transnational models of production, modes of address and distribution.
- Broadcasting history, theatre distribution, film festivals
- Documentary genres, modes of address, and authorship
- Experiments in style, production and exhibition
- Transnational production and the commemoration of national histories
- International success and national film cultures
- Collaboration and networking in Nordic documentary cinema
- Negotiation of national and Nordic identities in documentary representation
1 February 2016. Only submissions that follow Journal of Scandinavian Cinema’s Notes for contributors will be accepted.
For general information or questions regarding Journal of Scandinavian Cinema, please contact primary editor Anders Marklund (firstname.lastname@example.org), editors Gunnar Iversen and Andrew Nestingen, or managing editor Rochelle Wright.
Previous special issues:
- Sexuality and Scandinavian Cinema (Vol 5: issue 3, 2015) Call for Papers
- Scandinavian Film Comedy (Vol 4: issue 3, 2014)