Online ISSN: 2040090X
First published in 2005
3 issues per volume
Volume 13 / Issue 1 Free Issue Volume 6 | Issue 1 View online Submit
The University of British Columbia, Canada
University for the Creative Arts
The International Journal of Education through Art is an English language journal that promotes relationships between art and education. The term ‘art education’ should be taken to include art, craft and design education. Each issue, published three times a year within a single volume, consists of peer-reviewed articles mainly in the form of research reports and critical essays, but may also include exhibition reviews and image-text features.
Particular emphasis is placed on articles that:
• Critically reflect on the relationship between education and art
• Propose original ways of rethinking the status of education and art education
• Address the role of teaching and learning in either formal or informal educational contexts and along side issues of age, gender and social background
• Adopt an open and inventive interpretation of research-based analysis
• Promote and experiment with visual/textual forms of representing art education activities, issues and research
The journal is interdisciplinary in its reflection of teaching and learning contexts and also in its representation of artistic approaches and practices. It provides a platform for those who wish to question and evaluate the ways in which art education is practiced, disseminated and interpreted across a diverse range of educational contexts.
Potential topics include:
Art, craft and design education
Formal and informal education contexts
Public, community and environmental art
Policy and practice
Abstracting and Indexing
Art Abstracts; Art & Architecture Complete; Artbibliographies; Art Full Texts; Art Index; Art Source; Biography Reference Bank; Book Review Digest; Britannia Online Collection; British Education Index; British Humanities Index; Current Astracts; EBSCO; Education Full Text; Educational Research Abstracts; Education Research Complete; Education Source; Film and Television Literature Index; OmniFile Full Text; ProQuest High Technology and Aerospace; ProQuest Technology Journals; Scopus; Summon; TOC Premier; Ulrich's;
Your browser must accept cookies to view the free issue.