Download the IJCM Notes for Contributors
We would like to invite contributions that explore any aspect of the field. For example, we welcome papers in the following generic areas;
- Music and informal educational settings
- Music in areas of conflict and former conflict
- Music and the youth service
- Music in prisons and probation services
- Music in health settings / Music and cultural policy
- Music and Life-long learning
- Genres and musical styles e.g. music-making of all kinds and all styles, listening, music technology
- Philosophy of Community Music
- Music, faith and spirituality
In addition to the scholarly contributions, the journal gives voice to the development of professional practice. As such, we aim to include in each issue select contributions from recognised practitioners in the field, who may include freelance musicians, composers, arts and leisure workers, youth and social workers, policy makers etc. Each issue of the journal will also include a short compilation of book and music project reviews relating to recently published or produced work. The electronic version of the journal affords contributors the opportunity to present musical and QuickTime examples.
Contributions (4000-6000 words for Major Papers, 1000-3000 words for reviews and shorter articles) should include original work of a research or developmental nature/or proposed new methods or ideas that are clearly and thoroughly presented and argued. Further info. on the journal is available from the editors.