The Intellect Academy has been created as a forum for sharing knowledge about academic publishing, and as a way of promoting communication and collaboration between industry, academia and the general public - especially within the areas of creative media & popular culture.
As a publisher of books and journals in new and emerging subject areas that perhaps do not have a large tradition of reflection on their practice, The Academy aims to support these communities through the publishing process.
Various events, talks, exhibitions, publications and workshops are run within the framework of the Academy and here you will find calendar listings of all upcoming events as well as downloadable PDFs and links to video and audio content.
Downloadable PDF files (click on a document to download it)
- How we got into Publishing: By job role
- How we got into publishing: Top Tips
- How to promote your book: An interview with Marcelline Block
- Guide: Author Pack
- Creating a Kickstarter campaign
Video and audio (links to our Vimeo station and Soundcloud)
- SCMS 2013: Meet the publishers
- The challenge of academic publishing in the multilingual world
- Winston Mano on establishing and editing the Journal of African Media Studies
- Designing for Academic Publishing: An Interview with Gabriel Solomons